ESET Enterprise Inspector Review

Allows for storage of sensitive data, and prevents leaks.

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is antivirus protection, spam protection and IDS.

How has it helped my organization?

I find that the Data Collection feature has improved my organization. We can view comprehensive data about newly executed modules. This includes: time of execution, user dwell time and attacked devices. All data is also locally stored to prevent sensitive data leakage.

What is most valuable?

I find the multilayered endpoint security to be the most valuable feature. It prevents malicious modules from being executed in the organization's network. ESET Enterprise Inspector's open architecture gives the flexibility to detect violations of policies about using specific software like torrent applications, cloud storages, Tor browsing or other unwanted software.

It is not a stable product. In comparison to McAffee, we were disappointed.

It is not as strong as competitors like Fortinet or McAffee.

The tech support is OK, but there is room for improvement.

I previously used McAffee and Symantec Endpoint Protection solutions.

The initial setup was straightforward. It is easy to install.

In my opinion, the pricing and licensing are the big issues now. If the price was less than other companies, or a one-time charge for service was available, I think there would be more users of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is easy to install, setup and monitor. It has a lot of new features that are worthwhile. These new features include: historic threat hunting, open architecture, in-cloud or on-premise scans and more.