Evanios Review

It has helped us reduce our incident count by about 60% in just three months into implementation. We are seeing great ROI right from the first month

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case was to have a single pane of glass for all the alerts firing from multiple monitoring systems within our IT landscape. Also, another primary goal was to reduce the noise and bubble up actionable alerts for our IT Operations teams to be able to handle. Reduction in noise, reduction in alert fatigue and effective alert correlation and deduplication were our main goals.

How has it helped my organization?

Evanios has helped us reduce our incident count by about 60% in just three months into implementation. We are seeing great ROI right from the first month. Our Ops were processing about 5000 alerts a day and now with Evanios its in a few hundreds. Also we have seen a dramatic reduction in MTTR for incidents as we are able to present all the related alerts and paint the entire picture of the reason for the outage in minutes as opposed to hours and sometimes days previously. It has helped us get all our engineering and ops teams on a common platform where they can collaborate well and that has helped boost the teams morale a lot. The automated RCA is a game changer. Evanios had made Alert fatigue and swivel chair syndrome a thing of the past for our Ops teams and they couldn't be happier.

What is most valuable?

The Evanios rules engine is the most valuable piece. Setting up rules is very easy, super fun and packs a lot of power when it comes to business logic and alert processing logic. They help us train the product to adapt and work in our complex distributed environment. There is nothing that you can think of and cannot be done with the rules engine.

Another piece of the product that has been built very robustly is the agent architecture. It very reliable, fault tolerant highly configurable.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved in providing ROI reports and reports on effectiveness of correlation etc. Rest its a rock star product and can bring value in any kind of environment where operations teams are dealing with alert fatigue.

No issues. We have not had any issues since the last 1 year that we have implemented it.

No issues at all. Evanios is highly scalable and performant.

The customer service has been the key differentiator here. Evanios customer service is highly technical and they understand your requirements really fast and provide you with the fox even faster. They are very friendly and easy to work with.

Yes we used our home grown solution which was getting to complex and unmanageable so we had to fin something more scalable.

The setup is super simple and easy. Evanios implementation team helped configure it to suite our needs making it almost painless.

We implemented in-house with Evanios support on the call. It was super easy and seamless.

Our ROI has been over 100%.

Evanios is super easy to setup. It took us just 2 weeks to setup configure and get going with the product which was a big plus considering the vastness and complexity of our environment. Also the Evanios support and implementation teams are rock stars. They made the process super easy, smooth and painless. They helped us build some custom integrations with some of the toolsets in our environment in record time and we were able to realize gains in 2 weeks. Evanios is very competitively priced against its peers and cheaper in many cases.

We did look into BigPanda and Moogsoft. But we wanted something that was more catered towards ITSM driven event management so we chose Evanios.

What other advice do I have?

In closing I would say Evanios is the best solution you can find for your IT Ops teams hands down. If you are worries about alert fatigue and the swivel chair syndrome this will alleviate both in no time. Definitely worth the investment for any enterprise that wants to bring some sanity and order to the chaotic world of IT Ops.