Everbridge IT Alerting Review

Gives us the ability to contact the correct people via rules, based on conditions

What is our primary use case?

IT incident management.

How has it helped my organization?

It's now a little quicker to get folks together on a bridge. It has enabled us to have quicker times to resolution.

What is most valuable?

The ability for people to be able to join a bridge with one press of a button. It gives us the ability to contact the correct people via rules, based on conditions.

What needs improvement?

The ability for members to change their schedules, and change the person they're swapping with, could use improvement. For two people to swap, both people have to log in, as you can only update your own schedule with a member account.

Suppose I am swapping with Bill for the day because he is sick. It makes no sense that both he and I each have to update the schedule. He has to go in and put me as a replacement for him. Then, the day he is taking for me, I have to go in and put him as my replacement.

It's pretty stable.

It's scalable.

The tech support is great. They're almost always able to solve my issues pretty quickly.

The initial setup was probably somewhere in the middle, between straightforward and complex. I think the some of the harder parts were the importing of all the data.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely use the rules and conditions so you can contact the right people for different outages. The GUI is a little tough to navigate. It's not very straightforward when someone is trying to change schedules.

It's very accurate and, once you get to know it, you can make it meet your needs.