Everbridge IT Alerting Review

Streamlines the notification process and auto-generation of incident tickets has saved us a lot of time

What is our primary use case?

Incident reporting, mass notification to all offices and employees.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has allowed the teams to focus on troubleshooting rather than dealing with the administrative task of having to notify individuals or groups about incidents. This has saved man-hours and has already paid for the product.

What is most valuable?

• Mass Notification and Conditions - This streamlines the process of notifying the proper people of an event without team members having to look up who they need to notify.
  • Calendar - Having the Calendar built in allows for on-call rotation to be set once and left alone.
  • Slack Integration - Being able to have all the information from an incident and discussions documented through Slack, without input, is a great asset.
  • Email Ingestion - Having the ability for ticket generation to auto-generate an incident through Everbridge has saved my team hundreds of man-hours it would have taken to manually create them. This aspect has been one of the driving factors in continuing to utilize Everbridge and finding all the new ways the tool will help with day-to-day operations.

What needs improvement?

An ability to get to the database that houses our information would be great. Currently, we are at the mercy of Everbridge and, if they do not have the function built, we cannot gather the information that we would like.

I have never experienced a stability issue. We once had an issue with the built-in conference bridges. After troubleshooting, we were able to determine the issue was on our internal PBX system and not Everbridge.

So far, no issues with scalability. Anytime we have a request for a function, they work at meeting that request and eventually get it to us.

Technical support is great when working with our direct account representative. Sometimes, when using the email support, there is a communication breakdown and it can take a while to get issues resolved.

Our previous solution was to get on the phone and on email and try to remember who needs to be notified. We switched to this product to assure standardization of notifications and to create groups of people who need notifications.

The initial setup was straightforward. My team and I did a lot of research and prepared what we knew we wanted, upfront. This enabled the onboarding process to go quickly and smoothly.

The number of man-hours saved, and the standardization of notifications in mass form, have paid for product time and again.

We did not evaluate other products, as this product met all our criteria. We have had companies come to us since the implementation of this product, companies which offer the same types of services. None of them has been able to show us theirs is more robust or worth moving to.

What other advice do I have?

Prepare ahead of time with your vision of what you want from it. We were able to start implementing the tool on the very first visit with our account representative, saving time and money.

2 visitors found this review helpful