Everbridge IT Alerting Review

Automated escalation has eliminated our error-prone manual process

What is our primary use case?

We use it for technical engagement and stakeholder communication during major IT outages.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made the technical engagement process more efficient, going from approximately five minutes to generate a page down to 30 seconds.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is automated escalation, as it eliminates a manual process which is prone to errors.

What needs improvement?

The integration with other solutions needs improvement. I am not at liberty to share the name of the application/vendor we are trying to integrate with, but I can tell you that it is our incident management tool. Due to issues with the libraries provided by Everbridge, we have not been able to integrate IT Alerting with that tool.

Everbridge has been able to deliver in accordance with their SLAs.

Scaling can be a tedious endeavor if users and contacts are manually created.

The technical support is excellent. They routinely answer problems on the first call.

I’m not at liberty to name it but, the previous solution required us to manually look up and engage. This was time-consuming and prone to errors. Those are the reasons we switched.

The initial setup was straightforward as we had a consultant with us. The consultant was helpful. There was a lot of prep work that we could and should have completed prior to the consultant arriving onsite. Had we known to do this, it would have made the engagement more productive.

The deployment took approximately two weeks. Our goal was to configure the teams we engage most often. Those 30 teams represent 95 percent of our volume.

A consultant was used, and the experience was very positive.

The current pricing model is adequate. We feel that the pricing model for our IT Alerting solution is competitive with similar solutions on the market.

We did evaluate other options but I'm not at liberty to comment on them.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to leverage any of the integrations you can. In addition, do the prep work, including creating contacts, users, and groups, prior to the consultative work provided by Everbridge.

We have over 500 users, a majority of whom are group managers along with some organizational and account admins. We have two FTEs supporting Everbridge and their roles range from configuration management, to vision and strategy, and vendor relations. The product is used extensively, with roughly 25,000 messages sent through the tool annually.