What is our primary use case?
It is for our Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). We use it for its functionalities. It is a part of our alerting systems. Because it's a global company, we have a GSOC and some of the functionalities that we use it for are tracking security threats, monitoring, and notifying our staff and contractors. We also use it for emergency response usage.
The product started off on-premise, then was migrated to a Software as a Service (SaaS) infrastructure.
How has it helped my organization?
We are in the process of automating a lot of our processes. Because it has a SaaS version, the APIs are easily integratable, and we are able to consolidate functions and vendors. This saves money, because of the downturn in the industry, as everybody is penny-pinching these days. We are able to find ways to cut back. This product is very helpful with that since it is a good tool for consolidating functions for security purposes and all of the security functions that the GSOC needs.
What is most valuable?
- It is easy to integrate. APIs connect to it. Because it is easily integratable with other software that we use, even homegrown, it does save money.
- With SaaS, we can implement in other regions without having to physically go to there.
- We monitor all our security threats globally on our big video wall, which is great visually.
- The response time is real-time alerting. It is very helpful, because it makes things a lot easier. All we have to do is put a circle around a geo-fence and shoot off a message. For vessel support, they can be notified if there is inclement weather close by.
- We are able to do incident messaging for emergency notifications. We are able to monitor our security alerts. We are able to link all of these functions together.
What needs improvement?
I would like them to add GPS going forward. I think they may be working on this, but it is not implemented yet. We want to be able track our shipments, people, and every asset in real-time. With global positioning, especially in oil and gas, we might have a fleet in a pirated area (with active shooters) and have to move fast in situations. We need to know where our people are, how to locate all our assets, and secure them, regardless if they're people, places, vessels, or structures.
The company would also like to have super detailed analytics, as we integrate this with our security software, e.g., camera systems. We want to see ant walking on the ground type of detail. That is the pinpoint analysis that we are looking for in this solution.
For how long have I used the solution?
Three to five years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
The stability is good. Right now, it is a great product. We are just trying to enhance and automate it as much as we can.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
Scalability is pretty good. We haven't had any issues.
Our GSOC is using it right now, which is give or take 20 people. However, it rotates and shifts personnel, so they are not using it all at once.
How was the initial setup?
It probably took a few months to deploy because we go through tests and configurations before going live. We have to test it out in different environments.
What was our ROI?
This product has helped us save $200,000 from being able to get rid of vendors and consolidate functionalities to doing incident reporting.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?