Evident Review
Provides the ability to audit each AWS account at a high level.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped greatly in the creation of new accounts as a “checklist” of sorts, as well as helping us track user activity to make sure that all changes fall within scope of our security policies.

What is most valuable?

The ability to audit each AWS account at a high level so we can see critical vulnerabilities that might otherwise be overlooked. The granular approach helps me to drill down and deal with each alert properly and individually.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see integration of PCI audits into the dashboard. That would help greatly in passing our PCI audits for AWS in an easy-to-view method.

I would also like the ability to integrate Evident with AWS in such a way that we could make basic changes to the AWS environments based on security alerts. For example, the ability to lock down unsecured security groups, apply PW policies, and rotate IAM keys.

For me, the product has been very stable. I have not had any issues.

It is very easy to scale to new accounts. Custom signatures can be easily modified to cover new accounts and they allow for very efficient integration.

I’ve had to contact technical support a couple times and have always received a very prompt and thorough response.

Since becoming involved with our AWS accounts, we already had Evident as a solution. Before this, we were using a combination of solutions to do the same job.

The most important criteria for us when selecting a vendor are: a combination of flexibility to adjust to our environment, support with adjusting the solution to our needs, and financial effectiveness (getting sufficient value from cost).

I was not involved with the initial setup, but have been involved in adding additional AWS accounts and that has been very straightforward and painless.

I was not part of the original selection of Evident.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Evident to a colleague. It has helped greatly in giving us a high-level security overview of our AWS environments and the ability to see where action is needed.