ExaGrid EX Series Review

Enables us to do more backups per day due to increased storage as a result of data deduplication and compression

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for onsite backup.

How has it helped my organization?

ExaGrid has improved my organization in the way that we get reliable backups with very little administration. We are able to do more backups per day due to increased storage as a result of data deduplication and compression.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of use and data deduplication. It's extremely easy to use and does a very good job of data deduplication and compression.

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to develop direct cloud integration with a third-party cloud. Direct integration with AWS and other cloud providers.

Less than one year.

It's extremely stable.

It's very scalable.

Only I use this solution. It backs up all of our data, company-wide.

Their support is top notch. I've only had one setup issue, and it was resolved extremely quickly and I've had no support cases or calls since setup.

The initial setup was extremely straightforward. They have installation services which made it very straightforward. We only required one person for the deployment and maintenance.

The deployment took two days. Over the course of two days, in total, it took four hours of actual work time.

We had an assisted setup by ExaGrid. The professional services were very helpful.

Our reseller was Nordisk Systems. We had a good experience with them. The implementation is done by ExaGrid, the manufacturer and the vendor itself is the deployment service.

In comparison to other solutions, it's affordable. They're all too expensive. This was less expensive than other solutions that I was looking at.

We also evaluated Data Domain by Dell EMC.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution to review and to consider it as an option. If you're comparing it specifically to Data Domain, it's a great solution.

I would rate it a nine out of ten because of the ease of the implementation, technical support, and ease of operation.