Exinda Review
​Fundamentally sound with WAN acceleration, but needs to expand the range of accelerated applications.

What is most valuable?

I'm VAR engineer and support pre and post sales. The features that are most valuable to customers, in my view, are the variety of traffic management tools, the variety of built in data, graphs & reports, and application performance monitoring and alerts.

How has it helped my organization?

Exinda helps customers protect important business applications and control recreational internet use like streaming media and peer-to-peer apps.

What needs improvement?

Fundamentally sound with WAN acceleration, but needs to expand the range of accelerated applications. Also could expand the range of deployment options to include MPLS clouds.

6+ years

Have done over a hundred deployments without a problem.

Other than expected hardware problems as appliances age, no.

Positive, compared to industry competition.

Very good and improving.

I have used and supported Blue Coat Packetshaper and also currently support Procera Networks bandwidth management solution. As a VAR I support a number of solutions. Exinda is effective and relatively intuitive & easy to use.

Straightforward is one of the things that Exinda does very well. In addition to wizards, there is onboard context sensitive help. There is also built in intelligence. Exinda will suggest policies based on traffic patterns and current usage.

In house. We also do Exinda training.

For our customers, the typical ROI is in 3 years or under, depending on bandwidth costs and the deployment type, i.e., traffic shaping alone or traffic shaping with acceleration.

Depends on the scale. At 100 Mbps or less, initial costs can be under $12k. At 1 Gbps costs are around $50k, on 10 Gbps links with throughput over 2 Gbps costs can exceed $100k.

We are partners with a similar bandwidth management solution. We recommend a particular solution based on customer preferences, needs and environment.

What other advice do I have?

Deploy as close to the edge as possible, deploy in high availability, make sure your deployment will scale to 200% of current usage for the expected life of the appliance.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're an Exinda partner.
1 visitor found this review helpful