Experian Data Quality Review

Great for combining data quality & transformation together, but the automation & external access could be improved.

What is most valuable?

X88 has the ability to import large volumes of data at great speed whilst categorizing the metadata for each artifact. This is a great feature when you need to analyze some data in a fast turnaround. It also has self-generating documentation feature which is great as an input document to development of a more industrial long term solution.

How has it helped my organization?

I have used this tool with many clients where there has been a need to rapidly prototype some data transformations, the speed at which this can be done visually in X88 helped keep the projects on target.

What needs improvement?

The product has great features for combining data quality and transformation together, but the automation and external access to the data could be improved.

4+ Years

Deployment of the product is straightforward with a simple server install followed by a client application.

No, the product remained functional even under heavy load.

The product appears to be horizontally scalable, but is not something I would use in a large scale automated architecture.

Customer Service: Excellent, they are very dedicated to their customers.Technical Support: The technical support given by X88 is of very high standard, reported bugs were generally fixed within a few days, often with workaround given in hours.

Typically to perform the same function required manual database work and scripts to extract and perform the same functions. X88 gave a quick view of the quality of the data and a rapid way to fix issues before exporting for use.

Setup is easy using a single wizard to install the Server application and the client. A typical Windows installer is used which makes the process easy to follow with no complicated configuration.

A Vendor team, using specialist Consultants.

The product costs can be as simple as an initial outlay for the product with on going support, or on a lease basis for short-term products.

No, there aren’t many other products that compete in the same space. When considering other tools like Qlikview Expressor, Wherescape and Talend their ETL capabilities are much more robust and scalable, however they did not offer the instant feedback that X88 does.

What other advice do I have?

To use the product effectively you need to ask your self what your goals are. The product can offer un-paralleled analysis of your data in a very short space and can be used as an ongoing tool in your daily DQ battles. Or it can be used as a prototyping tool to get a project up and running before handing over the self generating documentation to your development teams to build a more integrated solution.
More Experian Data Quality reviews from users