Experitest Review

Useful for running tests on many different types of real devices but requires some end-to-end video examples to get started quickly

What is our primary use case?

We are mainly going to use it for accessibility testing on mobile devices. It is a cloud-based service with a desktop tool connected to it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable part of Experitest is the number of real devices on which the test is run.

What needs improvement?

I have been automating tests for many years on many things but not on mobile devices. The amount of time that I have spent on just figuring out how to use Experitest and get it to work was quite long compared to what I have been doing before. I spent the first two weeks just getting it started. It would be good to have some video explanation of how to use it on your devices and get started. Their online documentation is quite good and extensive, but it would be quite good to have some end-to-end examples demonstrated.

I have been using this solution for a couple of weeks.

Its stability is okay.

We haven't scaled it. We're not that far yet. For our project, there are only two users, and they are administrators.

I didn't interact with them.

I have built my own tools, and I have used UFT. Usually, the tools that you buy have some limitations in terms of flexibility. Therefore, we built our own tools. We decided to go for the Experitest mainly because it has quite a large number of devices that are available for testing.

Its initial setup is rather complex. Getting things installed was quite easy, but understanding how things should be connected so to make it work was difficult. It seems fairly easy when you first get into it, and you can also do some small testing, but when it comes to getting started and making things work, it is rather complicated.

It was difficult to understand the concept of how it should work because when you develop automated tests, you need to have an easy way of trying out your automated script. You need to be able to run the automated test from the desktop on your own mobile devices. When you deploy it to Experitest, you can run it on several devices, which is a kind of starting step. These things are automated to a higher level. When you want to work with it and get it connected to your real devices, it starts getting complex.

I did the installation by myself.

It is quite fairly priced, but it really depends on your budget. It is somewhere in the mid-range of products. It is not free and it is not QGP that nearly costs a whole house. You pay for the number of users who require access to execute the tests.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution in case you need to test on real devices and many different devices. We will keep using it just for the period of time of the project, which will be until May or June. This is a temporary project, and perhaps some of the tests will survive after the project ends.

I would rate Experitest a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Digital.ai, Perforce, Micro Focus and others in Mobile App Testing Tools. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.