ExtraHop Performance Platform Review

We can see everything that happens in the network, from Layer 2 to Layer 7

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for IT operations monitoring and it's great. From our point of view, it's a very good product.

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest benefit is that our customers can assess what happens in their networks. For example, they can see why an application is slow.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the way it handles data, from Layer 2 up to Layer 7. We can see everything that happens in the network. It's a great feature.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the security part. They have a new solution, ExtraHop Reveal(x), and I think it needs improvement.

The stability is very good. We have had no problems when we do PoCs.

The scalability is also great. We can expand the solution if we want to and integration is also quite easy.

We usually do the technical parts ourselves because the deployment and the integration are quite easy. We haven't used technical support yet.

We think this solution is better than whatever current solution our customer has.

I was involved in the initial setup and it's very straightforward, it's easy to deploy.

The pricing is higher than other solutions, but with such good features, I think it's worth it. Licensing is based on the throughput and they provide several options.

What other advice do I have?

This is a must-try product. Try it to see the benefits and features. It has many features that other solutions don't have.

Our most important criteria when selecting vendor are the product itself - the stability, the scalability - as well as the support. We need to have good support that is easy to reach.

I would rate ExtraHop at nine out of ten. It's a good product, easy to deploy and easy to expand.