ExtremeCloud IQ Review

A perfect solution that provides good performance and throughput and lets you do almost everything

What is our primary use case?

We sell this solution to customers. In terms of deployment, some customers require an on-premise solution, and some are okay with the cloud solution. It is a mix of both environments. We provide the latest version of this solution.

What is most valuable?

What our customers like the most is that this device is so rugged. It has very good performance and throughput.

Its console is very easy to use and has many features, which makes it different from its competitors. Cloud IQ has all the features built into the console, whereas other solutions require you to integrate multiple solutions with their consoles. You don't need to add anything extra with Cloud IQ. With this single solution, you can do almost everything.

What needs improvement?

Its price could be lower. It is a simplified solution, but it has price challenges. It is costly as compared to other solutions.

It has almost everything. The only thing is that MAC is not possible on the cloud, and it has to be on-premises.

I have been using this solution for approximately one and a half years.

It is a very stable solution.

It is very much scalable. It supports more than 100K access points in one console.

We got good support from them.

It has a very straightforward setup. There is not much to do. We just have to configure the console. That's it.

The deployment duration depends on the configuration that a customer wants, such as how granularly they want to configure the policies and whether they want to configure it as a WiFi. It is a cloud-based solution, so it generally doesn't take long. If you want to connect the API and make it live, it is a one-day job. Once you configure the controlled access, the API will connect to it, and you have to just push the policy on that API.

It is costly as compared to Meraki, Aruba, Juniper, and Cisco. Cloud IQ is an enterprise solution, whereas Meraki is specifically a single solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It is very good and stable. You don't have to go with multiple consoles and their integration.

I would rate ExtremeCloud IQ a ten out of ten. It is a perfect solution.

More ExtremeCloud IQ reviews from users
...who work at a Educational Organization
...who compared it with Junos Space Network Director
Find out what your peers are saying about Extreme, Cisco, IBM and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.