ExtremeCloud IQ Review

It operates in a controller-less fashion. The APs can function if connectivity is lost.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is the ability to operate in a controller-less fashion. Allowing the APs to function if connectivity is lost to the controller can be very valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

These devices have allowed our wireless network deployment to go from a 'best-effort' nicety to an 'expected' accommodation. The dependability is definitely appreciated.

What needs improvement?

The area that I would like to see improved is searching within Hivemanager. There have been several occasions where I was attempting to delete an 'unnecessary' or 'unused' configuration item and was advised by the system that it was still in use by another policy. Trying to find that policy was very time consuming.

We have had Aerohive deployed in our environment for over eight years.

We did not encounter any issues related to deployment of the Aerohive access points.

We have not encountered any issues related to stability of the Aerohive access points.

We have not encountered any issues related to scalability of the Aerohive access points.

I would rate customer service around 8/10. We have not had any significant problems necessitating a call to customer service. They have always been willing to help.

I would rate technical support at 8.5/10. The technical support teams seem to be pretty robust. Our main needs for technical support have been for hardware failures rather than software or configuration issues.

We did not have any previous solutions in our environment.

This system was set up before I began managing the environment. I cannot say if there were issues in the initial setup, or speak to it being straightforward or complex.

This was implemented via an in-house team with the assistance of an Aerohive engineer.

Our return on investment has been positive, overall. It is very difficult to gauge this statistic in our environment due to this product being used 'in addition to', rather than 'in place of' a wired infrastructure.

Concerning Aerohive, this topic is not one that I have been involved with and, as such, I do not wish to give advice regarding.

This system was set up before I began managing the environment. I cannot say which vendors, or even if other vendors were evaluated.

More ExtremeCloud IQ reviews from users
...who work at a Educational Organization
...who compared it with Junos Space Network Director
Find out what your peers are saying about Extreme, Cisco, IBM and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.