ExtremeCloud IQ Review

Valuable: ​Cloud-based controller and L3 roaming. I would like automatic channel assignment algorithms improved.

What is most valuable?

• Cloud-based controller
  • L3 roaming

What needs improvement?

• Admin UI and Automatic channel assignment algorithms.
  • An recurring example, would be where their support engineer would be given remote access to full project documentation, surveys, and planning as well as to the Hive Manager and not find anything wrong. However after much heartache and user frustration, we would find the solution to some major issues was to simply recheck one checkbox that a previous support person had suggested to uncheck.

4 years

Sizing and deployment documentation was geared towards selling hardware rather than a balanced solution. Regional support and training was nearly non-existent and overseas support was always a hot potato with no commitment to solving any issues.

Automatic channel assignment algorithms were creating some serious issues despite turning down power to adjust cell size. Eventually needed a static channel map in the 2.4Ghz.

While the support teams were responsive, they were not effective in solving the issues despite having full visibility of the deployment.

Technical teams ranged from poorly trained techs who simply followed a call tree to highly qualified industry leaders, but who were not willing to take the time to help isolate the real issue until frustration levels are at their highest.

A recurring example, would be where their support engineer would be given remote access to full project documentation, surveys, and planning as well as to the Hive Manager and not find anything wrong.

However, after much heartache and user frustration, we would find the solution to some major issues was to simply recheck one check box that a previous support person had suggested to uncheck.

We now actively service existing Aerohive installs, but are encouraging new sites to consider Cisco Meraki as the sales, training and support efforts are more mature in our region.

Straightforward

We are the vendor team and have attended both Aerohive trainings as well as extensive 3rd party certifications and conferences over a number of years.

The Aerohive solution appeared to be price competitive, however lack of training and support in the region has made it more expensive than other solutions.

Make sure that your regional distributor is truly committed to the product and supporting the solution before buying.

Aruba, Ruckus, Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

Don't believe promises of training. Get your training before you make a purchase commitment, or find another vendor's solution.

More ExtremeCloud IQ reviews from users