ExtremeCloud IQ Review

We evaluated Meraki prior to choosing Aerohive. At the time, Meraki did not support PPSK's, which was a requirement for our network.

What is most valuable?

Overall management / UI is great. There is a lot to it, but it is well organized and relatively simple to use.

The guest user portal and generation of PPSK's has proven invaluable.

How has it helped my organization?

The self-registration guest wi-fi portal and optional approval are very important to the functionality of our environment.

What needs improvement?

While the UI is great, it could still use some tweaks. The latest revision is heading in the right direction.

Started using it in August 2015, but didn't use it in-depth until about May-June 2016.

The biggest issue we encountered was a bug in the guest self-registration portal, which was minor in the big picture.

Stability is not an issue at all. Since implementation, we have had more power outages than wi-fi outages. I'm even impressed at the coverage during AP updates.

Scalability is not an issue in our environment at all. We have over 100 AP's, some of which are in near Faraday cages in our facility.

Customer service was fantastic. We had to call a few times during implementation and minor troubleshooting and we always got an answer.

Technical support is extremely knowledgeable, responsive, and eager to get answers. If we were unable to get a response on the phone call, we always received a timely call back.

We did not use an enterprise solution previously. We built a new manufacturing facility and needed a solution that would meet our needs.

Slightly complex - we have multiple profiles / classes of users, multiple SSID's, and different types of AP's.

We implemented using a consultant. I'd give them an 8/10 at the start of the project and 9/10 after the project.

ROI is difficult to answer in this situation. Wi-Fi cost was part of infrastructure cost of our new manufacturing facility.

Pricing and licensing is straight forward. Make sure to read appropriate documentation and ASK QUESTIONS. Also be sure to always ask about three-year renewals on licensing, there can be huge savings.

What other advice do I have?

The overall experience is very good. The best part is that it can be managed with a skeleton IT support team.

More ExtremeCloud IQ reviews from users