ExtremeCloud IQ Review

What is most valuable?

Cloud Management because of the ease of use and Bonjour Gateway to integrate Apple technology. Cloud management enables me to monitor my wireless network offsite and make required changes.

How has it helped my organization?

It has provided us with a fast, reliable wireless network. Aerohive has enabled us to roll out a successful BYOD scheme to 3 year groups to enhance teaching and learning in the classroom.

What needs improvement?

Additional add-ins such as HiveSchool and MDM are a fantastic idea, however they lack functionality at present. It would be great if teachers could manage their class of BYOD devices using Hive Manager.

4 years, over two different roles.

Nothing major. A batch of wireless access points were recalled due to a hardware issue, however they were replaced very quickly with minimum fuss. I had no other deployment issues, it was a very smooth transition!

I have not experienced issues relating to stability. Aerohive is very stable and has been up for over 2 years without a single fault!

None at all. Aerohive is very scalable due to its pricing and licensing model. It gives the consumer the flexibility to expand their wireless network as and when funding is available. It is great to just be able to buy a new AP, plug it in and off you go!!

Aerohives customer service is second to none. They are extremely helpful and friendly. The company really care about the customers experience with the product. They also run a rewards scheme for loyal customers which is better than any I have come across in my professional career.

Technical support from Aerohive has been excellent. I receive technical support through their third party supplier, LAN3 who are excellent also. I have no doubts if I contact them with an issue, it will be dealt with immediately and to a high standard.

Yes, we used HP wireless previously. Switched for several reasons. 1) The controller was unreliable 2) the wireless network was hard to manage 3) The wireless signal was poor 4) I had used Aerohive previously and loved it 5) The school wanted to do BYOD and I would trust no one else with this important task!

Initial setup was straight forward. The GUI is easy to navigate and I was familiar with it as I have been on Aerohive training. Easy to follow wizard for basic setup.

Through a vendor team, LAN3 Ltd. They have been excellent from sales through to technical support. I have attended two training sessions at LAN3 on Aerohive and I found the sessions to be both informative and enjoyable. Support for Aerohive is impeccable.

Secondary School Education. I have worked in the industry for 10 years and have knowledge of various educational software packages, as well as corporate networking and infrastructure.

Pricing of Aerohive Access Points are reasonable. They provide educational discount as well as BOGOF offers when buying in bulk. Licensing is straightforward, 1, 3 or 5 year license per access point. Included in that price is cloud management for that access point.

Yes, I looked at several other options. These included ARUBA, RUKUS, MERU and MIRAKI. None of these solutions came close to Aerohives offering in terms of cloud management and ease of use.

What other advice do I have?

Aerohive is hands down the best wireless network provider I have used. Their products are affordable, realisable and packed with features! The company is excellent in all areas and it is apparent they are about their customers experiences.

More ExtremeCloud IQ reviews from users
...who work at a Educational Organization
...who compared it with Junos Space Network Director
Find out what your peers are saying about Extreme, Cisco, IBM and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.