ExtremeCloud IQ Review

I like the ability to connect unconfigured Branch Routers to the internet and they find there way back to our system so we can set them up.

What is most valuable?

The ability to connect unconfigured Branch Routers to the internet and they find there way back to our system so we can set them up. The way Access points work together to hand users off when moving around building so they never lose connection

How has it helped my organization?

With the Branch Router able to be factory reset and still able to be connected to internet and it finds its way to our system allows us to get sites back online with out having to configure a new device and ship it to them for longer down times.

What needs improvement?

The web UI could be designed for more organization for the administrators and maybe a more customization for the views.

I have been working with Aerohive for over 5 years while the company I work for has had it for longer.

Was not here when deployed for the first time. When we deployed at other sites we recently acquired we had no issues.

We have run into some stability with older firmware on Access Points but that is very rare usually there is a update that fixes it or we roll back if it an update issue.

So far no issues have come up with scalability. we have installed these in around 40 nursing homes and they are working great.

3 out of 5, depending on the technician you get some want to troubleshoot over email other will actually call or ask you to call them.

3 out of 5, majority of the issues we report they want us to factory reset which was already done and o the basic troubleshooting which I have already done.

I came onboard with company using this system so we have not even looked at any other systems or even had another system at the time

Setup seems to be pretty straightforward, I was not here for initial setup that was handle by other techs. Setups I have done have been very simple and straight forward.

I was not here when this was implemented for the first time. have not worked with a vendor team or in house team. When troubleshooting issues been working with Aerohive directly.

That I am not sure about our ROI, but these devices have held up very well and with how old some of these devices are (4 or more years old) they're still working.

I don't handle pricing or licensing. Some of the devices seem pricey but quality seems to be top notch because we don't have devices coming back to be returned all the time.

Was not apart of team that was choosing wireless options at the time. Have not even heard or seen any other wireless system that was before this.

What other advice do I have?

This system has been very decent system and has held up through the 5 years I have been here. I believe we will continue to use Aerohive when we go to upgrade.

More ExtremeCloud IQ reviews from users