ExtremeCloud IQ Review

Cloud management through HiveManager NG is their most valuable feature.

What is most valuable?

Aerohive's cloud management through HiveManager NG is their most valuable feature. I can manage and configure changes to my 300+ APs from anywhere. It allows me to see APs and clients that are having issues, allowing for faster support response and less downtime.

How has it helped my organization?

We have over 100 offices across the state. Remote management has saved us thousands of dollars in travel and time. We are able to support our users' wireless needs anytime and anyplace. We can also proactively monitor all APs to correct errors before the users even know they may have a problem.

What needs improvement?

Price is a little high. I would like to see a remote phone application for monitoring APs when on the road. I would also like to see the second network pass-through port on the AP provide POE.

I purchased a few APs about 5 years ago. When the opportunity arose last year for a statewide deployment, management decided on Aerohive and we currently have over 300 APs deployed.

The AP deployment has been the simplest and smoothest part of our statewide network upgrade. We haven't seen any significant issues.

Our APs are so stable that I forget we have them. I almost never get service calls related to hardware problems with our wireless.

We were able to quickly configure and deploy statewide. We installed on average six new units each week for the last year. I recently installed 40 units in one week to a new campus without any difficulty.

Customer service has always been superb. Sales and technical support are always friendly, efficient and have answers to all of my questions or issues.

Tech support is extremely knowledgeable not just about their product, but about all Wi-Fi in general. I've never had a problem for which they were not able to quickly provide a solution.

We previously used a variety of vendors across the state. Aerohive was chosen to standardize our system to make maintenance and support easier.

Setup and deployment is very simple. Built-in wizards help with most tasks, making it easy for new users to get a quick start.

We used an in-house team with support from Dell and Aerohive technicians. They have made sales and technical staff available to work with us on any installation issues.

We don't have numbers for our ROI, but this is an expansion of our wireless system into 100+ offices, so we expect it will greatly increase the productivity of our employees and customers.

Although the pricing is a bit high, I consider Aerohive to be well worth the money. They have a very defined licensing scheme that is easy to understand.

We tested APs from several vendors including Cisco, Aruba and Ruckus before deciding on Aerohive. Their product quality and feature set are above average and their cloud management solution is beyond anything else on the market.

What other advice do I have?

We have been extremely pleased with the quality, ease of setup and cloud management of the Aerohive APs. I would not hesitate to purchase this product again.

More ExtremeCloud IQ reviews from users