ExtremeWireless Review

Good support, easy to manage, and excels in the cloud environment

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor for various networking products and ExtremeWireless is one of the solutions that we have experience with. We do between 2,000 and 3,000 projects a year for industries such as hospitality, entertainment, and education.

What is most valuable?

Their main power is the cloud environment because it's much better than the others in the market.

This product is easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

The ability to integrate with network devices from other vendors would be helpful.

We have used this product for about 11 years, since before Aerohive was acquired by Extreme Networks.

Stability is 100% because we have never had an experience with faulty hardware. This is a product that we will continue to distribute.

In terms of scalability, so far, we haven't found a project that it wasn't able to fulfill. I think that officially, they go up to more than 10,000 IPs. We don't have such big companies in the Netherlands.

The technical support from Extreme Networks is perfect. If we have an issue then there's always very quick response and we don't have any problems. As we are trained to give support to our clients, it is only on rare occasions that we need vendor support.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is all based in the cloud, so it's very simple.

We are fully trained to give our customers the second and third-line support.

There are both paid and free licenses of the cloud environment, with only basic functionality in the free version. The paid version is priced to fit the market. Suitability of one over the other depends on the customer's needs.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and one that I recommend.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More ExtremeWireless reviews from users
...who compared it with Aruba Wireless
Find out what your peers are saying about Extreme, Aruba Networks, Cisco and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.