ExtremeWireless Review

A stable and secure solution that is straightforward to implement

What is our primary use case?

This product is typically used to cover normal Wi-Fi applications, such as the hospitality sector or small companies. We have been involved in lots of projects where we have installed this solution for our clients.

What is most valuable?

This is part of an all-in-one solution for voice and wireless data. It has all of the basic features that the customers need.

The security is very good.

What needs improvement?

The current product line is very high-level and is well suited for enterprise-level organizations, but they need a more cost-effective solution for smaller businesses.

We began using this solution when it was Avaya Wireless, starting about ten years ago.

This product is very stable.

This solution scales very well. We have not yet had problems scaling up to the number of access points that are needed. Our customers are a mix of medium-sized and enterprise-level businesses.

The technical support is good. Their team is very helpful if you need it.

I have also worked with similar products from Aruba.

The initial setup is straightforward, typically taking about an hour to deploy. As long as the access points have been installed and are powered up, it takes about an hour to configure.

Our in-house team deploys this solution for our clients. Typically, two or three people are involved, depending on the size of the project.

What other advice do I have?

With the inception of the Extreme Cloud, we are now in the process of migrating all of our customers to that cloud-based deployment.

Concerning Extreme Wireless, our customers are happy and I haven't had any specific requests for new features.

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to take the required training.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

More ExtremeWireless reviews from users