F-Secure Protection Service for Business Review

Reliable, easy to set up, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for central management. If there is some accident or a computer virus administrator can't be notified directly, the manager can update the different third-party software.

How has it helped my organization?

We need to check all emails so that we can protect ourselves from scams and anti-malware inside emails. We also need protection in our outgoing emails - so that we do not send something bad to other companies. The reputation of our company is very important. We wouldn't want to be responsible for an incident like that. This solution allows us to protect ourselves from both incoming and outgoing malicious content.

What is most valuable?

The antivirus is very good. It's in the top three options across different reviews and is therefore highly rated. The others are typically Kaspersky and Symantec. Microsoft Defender is usually around the fourth or fifth place, and not on the top.

Both incoming and outgoing traffic is protected.

The solution provides good webinars when they change items within the product itself.

We have technical support right in Estonia, in our mother tongue.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward.

In the next release, there will be more cloud security.

There is a convenient way to send files directly to their servers for analysis.

The solution support all major web browsers such as Firefox and Chrome and the plugin works very well.

What needs improvement?

I can't speak to what could be added in terms of features, they are always changing and adapting to new realities.

The program and cloud service management is in English. It's not a problem for me, however, it might be for users who don't speak English or use it regularly.

It would be ideal if they could offer discounted pricing to schools.

We've used the solution for four years under its current name, however, it used to be called something else. We might have been working with it for a total of ten or so years.

The solution is quite stable. It does not take as many resources from computers like Kaspersky. Kaspersky sometimes kills the computer for a minute or two in the beginning. F-Secure does not do this.

The solution is scalable.

We likely do not have plans to increase usage as our user base is not likely to change.

Due to the fact that we buy licenses through Estonian company, and not directly from F-Secure, we use them for support. It's helpful as the third party works with us in the Estonian language, and they have also a support center here. We have been happy with them over the years.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. I can download a small installation file and it configures over the cloud management in the background. It's quite simple to install on computers. Later, in cloud management, making company profiles, as well as learning what and how to upgrade and patch software isn't hard. There are important and security updates that must be installed directly, and for non-critical updates, I can manually check and decide when to install them.

We used an Estonian-based organization that assisted us with the implementation and setup.

They were very good. They explained it all very well. They made some webinars also to introduce new products and to show us any change to products. If I have some questions, or if something is not working, I can always call them and get support by phone or by email.

We buy licenses through an Estonian company, not directly from F-Secure.

They also have at-home products, and there are some cheaper variants. For example, for five devices you pay for each one price. However, for a business company, they calculate the number of devices and the price the same. Whether it's five devices or 100, there is no difference in cost. Maybe the price is negotiable for government institutions. We are local government, for example, and therefore may get a different price than a typical company. They have no different prices for schools, however. The price is the same. It might be nice if they could maybe make it cheaper, for example, for schools and universities.

We pay a yearly licensing fee of about €20 per computer.

We've looked at Kaspersky and have found that Kaspersky antivirus software, according to our government,  may track you too much. F-Secure keeps no such information and is supported by governments.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and an end-user.

It's a very good and reliable product as we have no problems with it generally. It catches very everything. It does not give many false positives. It works very well and i's not too complex for people. It's in Estonia language, so users can understand messages and it's easy to configure so that you can program what messages users see vs what goes only to admins.

In general, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been very happy with it.

Find out what your peers are saying about F-Secure, Palo Alto Networks, Trend Micro and others in Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP). Updated: June 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.