F5 Advanced Firewall Manager Review

Blocks various attacks and mitigates disasters from occurring

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem model of this solution. Our primary use case is to protect our software with a firewall.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved security. We also use it to protect various customer's software.

They offer good video material to implement this solution. It's a mature product. Imperva is a competitor but this solution is the market leader.

It blocks various attacks and mitigates disasters from occurring.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that you can implement it in a positive or negative model. Most customers implement the protection with a negative model because implementing with a positive model is not simple. We need help from the development team.

What needs improvement?

It used to not be simple to use because the GUI was complex. The GUI has evolved and is better now.

The database is not simple. It's not easy to understand.

We needed to protect the database but the solution doesn't offer certain features to do so.

Customers have requested container features.

I have been using this solution for six years.

It's very stable.

The technical support depends on who is helping you. Global support is good. Sometimes the representative is not so knowledgable about this product.

I was previously using Imperva but my company wanted to switch to F5.

The initial setup was very easy.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product. I would recommend this solution to anybody evaluating it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.