F5 Advanced WAF Review

Enables us to monitor IP locations

What is our primary use case?

We have many types of service, provided by the company.

What is most valuable?

We can monitor IP locations, but we have constraints from each country. It has a replication feature. Licenses can be shared, taking turns with each license.

What needs improvement?

The reporting could be clearer and embedded to include our movement data. The product could improve the interface by reducing the bookmarking more frequently and some other features. Ideally, it could do with a brand new interface. There is sometimes information overload in the logs. It is sometimes difficult to detect attacks on the firewall because it is hidden amongst many other data. The logs are not always helpful in this regard. I was disappointed in the reporting.

We have been using F5 Advanced Web Application Firewall for about one year and the same for Fortinet FortiWeb.

Scalability is fine, and we don't have any complaints so far. It's flexible once you want to expand it, but that includes the license upgrade for additional features.

We use a reseller for technical support. Technical support is very good.

We have looked at other options, but they have different solutions to the F5 Advanced Web Application Firewall.

Setup and installation are easy.

We use the reseller to implement it from scratch until it is fully deployed. Implementation does not take long.

There are various plans available for Fortinet FortiWeb Cloud WAF as a Service, including a trial version. You are only charged by the total data transferred, and there are hourly charges for the protected web application.

We are constantly looking out for features which are not available in the current product. We have set alerts to flag when these features become available.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as 9 out of 10. They can combine firewall software with other software solutions with this product. It has a good community to see what other ideas for the product are out there.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)

6.4
More F5 Advanced WAF reviews from users
...who compared it with Signal Sciences
Learn what your peers think about F5 Advanced WAF. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.