F5 Advanced WAF Review

Improves the protection for web applications in production from MySQL injection attacks

What is our primary use case?

We use F5 Advanced WAF to protect some of our web applications and web services. We use F5 Advanced WAF as a web application firewall in production.

Our clients are liable for the security of applications on the internet because they are in the banking services sector.

How has it helped my organization?

In this case, we used a few long-term models because F5 Advanced WAF is a complete solution. Our customers do not only use this model.

F5 Advanced WAF is similar to other solutions used for a lot of projects.

It's feasible for our customers to improve on their protection ability within the applications from secondary attacks, i.e. MySQL injection.

Each company is liable for the security of the customers using the service.

What is most valuable?

With F5 Advanced WAF, it was protection for online publications and for our customers that caused us to choose the platform. It was integrated by our company and not the dealer.

What needs improvement?

For F5 Advanced WAF, it's only 70% different over time with upgrades. F5 can still build AWS support after many long years of absence. It's difficult to use.

F5 Advanced WAF needs better integration within the application, like remote dashboards. The pricing is too high. It needs better security features with the interface or dashboard.

We go through some problems with the Disc Doctor services and F5 was recommended to fix or avoid the same situation in the future.

F5 now is the product we use for the web products to have a web application firewall.

We need better integration in the application and more security features in the future.

We have been using this solution almost one year. It's new.

F5 Advanced WAF is very stable.

The technical support of F5 I didn't use, but I heard people like the feature. I haven't needed it personally.

We have used some other products but they didn't have enough functionality. You can launch media adaptation for variety with F5. That is one of the biggest advantages of this solution.

In the market now there is a lot of information on the setup of F5 Advanced WAF. You can look for it on the company website. I didn't use F5 support directly, just the materials.

F5 Advanced WAF is not a cheap product.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to recommend F5 Advanced WAF for use. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate F5 Advanced WAF a nine.