F5 Advanced WAF Review

Top solution for WAF, with a simple initial set up

What is most valuable?

The anti-bot protection has been the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

I think the deployment template can be better, like the iApps they have in the F5 MPM. I think the deployment templates can be better.

I've been using the solution for four years.

The solution is pretty stable.

The technical support is very good. I'm using the F5 technical support, maybe once a quarter. Something like three to five times a year. When I find a bug then I post them to their forum because I'm using it a lot. I can find the bugs. But its very good support.

The initial setup was very simple. The initial setup is done by the machine. The ASM HS, the WAF itself, not the deployment of the application. So it was very simple, I am working with VIP for almost a full year. Something like ninety percent of my activities are F5 related. I specialize in F5 now and everything in F5 is very, very simple.

I'm an integrator.

I think the price is very high. This is what I hear from the customers. Sometimes we cannot sell the product because it is a higher price.

I evaluated a few other options. Kemp, for example, but Kemp is not a WAF it's a load balancer, it's for another model of the F5 so its not related to do WAF. And we're speaking about the WAF.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It would be the best solution for WAF.

I think the dashboard can be improved. When you move from the policy to policy, the logs and the integration of the logs are without a system. Maybe make it like other SIEM systems and system servers like Splunk. They do have a lot of training videos and manuals. This helps. But not really about integration or feature improvement.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.