F5 Advanced WAF Review

A robust solution that is efficient, scalable, and highly secure

What is most valuable?

The DCI feature is very valuable. The solution is very robust, and I like the setup.

With this solution, you can set distinct perimeters that you can monitor. You can go very granular, which makes it possible to set up very specific perimeters that you are then able to secure.

What needs improvement?

The solution is tedious. It takes a lot of discrete settings so one needs to get detailed and granular when they use the solution. It takes you a whole lot of energy and concentration to configure. It needs to be much more straightforward, like other web solutions.

They need to have a way to define attack signatures. It might help improve the user experience.

I've been using the solution for close to four years.

The solution is quite stable. Since 2016, there hasn't been any concern in regards to security.

The solution is highly scalable.

Technical support is excellent. It's top-notch.

The initial setup was very straightforward. The solution is very compact. It takes more than one month for effective deployment.

The solution isn't too expensive. The license allows you to license what you need and leave out what you don't need.

What other advice do I have?

We currently deal with the on-premises deployment model.

I would recommend the solution for use as an efficient firewall. Security is a complex thing, however, and I would advise others to use multiple vendors for different layers.

I would rate the solution ten out of ten.