F5 BIG-IP Review

Good customization with knowledgeable and responsive support

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution as a load balancer and reverse proxy.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is customization.

What needs improvement?

We are currently using BIG-IP and NetScaler and we wanted to have just one technology. We will be replacing F5 in March.

NetScaler is primarily used for Citrix purposes and BIG-IP is being used as a reverse proxy for our other applications.  We would like to manage it easily with one technology.

I would like to see better integration. I can remember when we were implementing ADFS, we had some challenges.

There is not a lot of documentation available where you can refer to and configure any new technologies.

I have been working with F5 BIG-IP for approximately seven years but our organization has been using this solution for 13 years.

This solution is stable. We have not experienced any issues.

It's a scalable solution and we have not had any limitations. We have approximately 3,000 users.

Technical support is very good in terms of their technical knowledge and assistance.

We have had contact with both F5 and Citrix.

F5 has a good technical team who can assist and understand the problem and respond quickly. However, Citrix has been a challenge for us.

When we were setting up for Azure we had some challenges.

We have an internal team of two for maintenance and reporting.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I need to have a deeper understanding of F5 technology.

More F5 BIG-IP reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Citrix ADC
Learn what your peers think about F5 BIG-IP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.