F5 BIG-IP Review

The iRules feature helps routing meet our complex application’s architecture. It logs all of the details, which helps troubleshooting.

Valuable Features

iRules are so helpful in meeting our complex application’s architecture in case of routing. The requests have to be routed according to the cookies and headers of the host name itself. And also we can log the details, which helps us a lot in troubleshooting.

Using the “repeat” option when creating multiple virtual servers, we are able to create as many virtual IPs as we can as we go. This reduces a lot of configuration time.

Improvements to My Organization

My organization has various kinds of routing requirements and we have achieved it using F5’s iRules. Also with different load balancing options, many applications have benefited a lot.

Room for Improvement

Active-Standby sync has to be made automatic.

All of the F5 boxes have an Active-Standby configuration. Users need to make changes in the Active box, but often users by mistake make changes in the Standby box. This creates problems when syncing between Active and Standby. There should be some indication from the F5 tool to avoid such mistakes.

Use of Solution

I have used it for the past year.

All of the support I require is available on the internet.

Other Advice

The BigIP F5 tool is applicable to all types of infrastructure. I would recommend this tool to others.

11.4.1 Build 647.0 Hotfix HF4
More F5 BIG-IP reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Citrix ADC
Learn what your peers think about F5 BIG-IP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.