F5 BIG-IP Review
The interface is intuitive and well structured. It is not overloaded with too many gimmicks.

Improvements to My Organization

Central solution to control traffic or web applications (besides NG Firewall).

Valuable Features

• Easy administration
  • A lot of features
  • Scriptable (iRules and REST API)

I have some experience with other load balancing providers. The BIG-IP’s interface is more intuitive than other GUIs. It is well structured, not overloaded, and does not have too many gimmicks.

Room for Improvement

The ASM administration is quite complex. I am a technical GUI expert (not UI). They did improve the ASM administration in each version, but added new features, too. The topic itself is pretty complex, so it is not easy to provide a nice, clean interface. There are a lot of references and dependencies in-between the different subareas.

I have not yet encountered any stability issues.

I have not yet encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is good. I have had nothing to complain about up until now.

I previously used a different solution. We switched because the hardware was too old, and the other vendor did not have the same set of features.

Initial setup was straightforward. We were up and running in three hours.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Take a look at the modules that you are going to use. Look into the best bundles for them.

Other Solutions Considered

Before choosing this product, I compared it with Radware. Cisco was already off the market, and Citrix was not as big as it is today.

Other Advice

Use the community and DevCentral.

1 Comment

it_user517650Consultant

Its easy to administer and a an excellent product for load balancing.

Like (0)21 September 16