F5 BIG-IP Review

With the roll back option, I can view the last things which happened on the device

What is our primary use case?

We have around 12 data centers. On average, in every data center, we have 14 to 15 F5 load balancers. We manage everything from a central location, then we deploy policy for use, giving us a place for our control managers.

What is most valuable?

I have Big-IP change and control manager, which give me the roll back option. Therefore, I can view the last things which happened on the device.

What needs improvement?

In future, I would like there to be more device security. I would like the tool to support SSL links, along with SSL and TLS. It also needs to disable the old cipher suite, which is a very old. There are ciphers, like D5, still available on the device.

Three to five years.

We have faced security stability issues, but we work around it.

It is very scalable.

F5 tech support is helpful. I would rate the technical support with an eight out of 10.

We used to have Cisco, then we have Citrix NetScaler. The Citrix NetScaler is just a load balancer. It did not me the complete ADC features. That is why F5 is the king of load balancing.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward; not complex.

Security should be involved in any base license. When you bring on F5, you only have default license. Then, the ASM product license has to be purchased. It would be great if F5 could include the ASM in the base license.