F5 BIG-IP Review

Gives a "story" of our status, but we need details on how to reduce false positives

What is our primary use case?

Primary use case is as our main protection. You can use it for brute force and other kinds of cross-site attacks.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us something like a "story" of our status because we can see a lot of bad traffic and, in the logs, if someone is trying to execute something.

What is most valuable?

Most important is that it stops very common attacks which can be performed by a simple hacker, and up to the advanced level.

What needs improvement?

We need best-practice information. They have something called DevCentral and a blog. But we want something from F5 itself regarding how to tackle the false-positive configurations. If you go into detail with so many configurations it will find so many false positives from the moment it is enabled that it will quickly impact your applications, and it will not work.

More than five years.

Overall, it's stable. There are cases which are not so much about stability but, rather, about functionality and false positives.

No issues with scalability.

It has many features compared to other products.