F5 BIG-IQ Review

Expensive and hard to administer, but offers good integrations

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for web security, so for WAF. We also use the product for balancing some servers, and also to handle the panel's SSL.

What is most valuable?

The best aspect of the solution is that we can have everything integrated with a rather large capacity in order to personalize and configure specific rules.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be easier to manage and to administer. It's a little difficult at the moment. We need some expertise to exploit all of the functionality.

The solution should improve pricing. It's expensive in comparison to other American solutions.

We've been working with the solution for about five years now.

The solution is stable. It's very reliable and doesn't have bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash.

The solution is not scalable. However, all of the on-premise platforms have the same problem. We know the limits when we buy the devices. It's a normal issue for on-premise platforms.

Our organization has about 2,000 workers, however, services are circulated across the population. There might be about 70,000 people, more or less.

I've never dealt with F5's technical support as our support is handled by a partner. I wouldn't be able to speak to the quality of F5's service as I've never used it.

This is the first WAF solution we've used in this organization.

We're currently looking to change to a new platform. We're looking potentially at Fortinet or another version of F5. For us, right now, F5 is too expensive.

The solution is difficult in terms of integration. It's more based on design. There's a lot of technical architecture and it works for integrating on the new work, but not on the F5 configurations itself. Therefore, it's not exactly straightforward.

We didn't evaluate other solutions first. We studied this solution with our partner. The market was not very wide here. We chose the best partner on time. This partner commercialized this platform. At the time this solution was the market leader.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I believe we are using the latest version of the solution. The model we are using is 2000IP.

I'd warn other organizations that you'll need to have a technical administrator on your team in order to manage the solution correctly. For that reason, I'd rate the solution four out of ten.

More F5 BIG-IQ reviews from users