F5 BIG-IQ Review

The scalability is excellent. It scales up and down, and has virtualization as well.

What is our primary use case?

It is primarily around internet-facing web application security. It works very well.

We needed the product due to increased risk through security exposures.

How has it helped my organization?

I don't think it has improved my organizational functions.

There is a lot less risk involved in having applications available on the Internet.

What is most valuable?

Scalability: To move from larger boxes to smaller boxes, along with virtualization. So, we are not locked into a particular size.

More than five years.

The reliability is excellent.

The scalability is excellent. It can move configurations between environments. It scales up and down, and has virtualization as well.

The technical support is very good. We have had to use them only on a small number of occasions.

It was already in place when I joined.

I would like the product to be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

They are working to make the product more feature-rich all the time. Look for capabilities and features, not just price. The one thing that we found was that the F5 device does multiple aspects as opposed to having to put in different things to different devices for different functions. This made sense to us that we could do all our functions out of the same device. We didn't have to buy different devices for different functions.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Support
  • Availability
  • Reliability.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: F5 partner.