F5 SSL Visibility (EOL) Review

Secure, highly reliable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

My organization uses the solution by having the endpoint as the F5 and we run some clear traffic on the private internal network behind it. This allows us not to have to keep the SSL channels open, we do not have to deal with that overhead.

What is most valuable?

I have limited use of this solution but I know we rely on it heavily for our traffic load balancing and security. Every scenario we have put the solution through it has been able to handle it one way or another.

We have been using the solution for 10 years.

The stability of the solution has been fantastic. Over the past 10 years, I can only think of one case where bad firmware or something else gave us problems. One issue out of 10 years, that is excellent.

The scalability seems to be really good and is even getting better with some of the virtualized F5s. This is more useful and is fitting our needs.

I did not deal with the technical support directly, but I did hear people talking about it. They have been very responsive and have done a really good job.

The installation is complex but not more than other competitors.

The price of the solution is a little high.

We have been looking to do some feature comparison between Azure and what they could offer to us in the cloud, versus what we are currently doing here. It makes sense to move to a virtual F5 to protect the cloud loads when Azure has some native load balancing and application protection.

What other advice do I have?

Given our long, good track record with the solution, I would advise if you can afford this solution then purchase it. It is a great solution. As for rating the solution, nothing is a 10 because there is always something to improve.

I rate F5 SSL Visibility a nine out of ten.

Latest version