F5 VIPRION (EOL) Review

Has good vertical scaling options and excellent customer support

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the vertical scaling of the application infrastructure. If we buy one chassis and we have one or two blades on it that requires us to add to the infrastructure, we can add another blade for the same chassis and scale up our infrastructure.

It's state of the art technology. They do a good job. I love working with F5.

What needs improvement?

In a Cisco chassis, you can have switching modules and firewall services modules. F5 should have these things.

F5 has everything except for switching. F5 is not a switch. F5 is an application delivering a networking switch. F5 is not a network switch. It has shared networking services. It has a shared application. It has three kinds of deployment modes. You can use it in three kinds of modes.

I have been using F5 for 12 years.

We have needed to contact their technical support and they were excellent.

The initial setup is complex but it is manageable. It requires basic configuration. It took a few weeks to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution to learn about TMOS and F file, explore the basic features, learn about the F5 modules and then buy a VIPRION chassis.

It's a very good product. I love this product.

I would rate this solution as a nine out of ten. Not a ten just because everything has room for improvement.

More F5 VIPRION (EOL) reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about F5, Citrix, Radware and others in Application Delivery Controllers (ADC). Updated: June 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.