F5 VIPRION Review

Easy to set up, easy to configure, and quite stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to balance the traffic that we receive from other communication companies, which we are using for financial projects.

What is most valuable?

The solution itself is perfect. It's easy to configure and we haven't had any initial issues with the hardware or power supply.

What needs improvement?

The price is very high. They should work to make it more competitive. It would help if the licensing model was better.

The support has not been helpful in terms of responding to and finding solutions to issues.

It's hard to scale down the solution. You need to buy another product in order to do this.

We've been using the solution for three years so far.

The solution is very stable.

In terms of scalability, sometimes we want to scale back some features, as opposed to scaling up. We've been told we need to buy another product in order to make that happen. It would be better if they would allow for both scaling down as well as up.

We have about 1,000 users on the solution currently. They are all our bank employees and mostly from the IT department. They include IT managers and admins.

We have reached out to technical support once in the past. They were not able to resolve the problem. We're not satisfied with their level of support.

The initial setup is very easy. Installation is very straightforward.

The first time we used the solution we installed it with the help of F5 partners from which we bought the product. The second time we installed the solution we were able to handle the installation ourselves.

The licensing costs are very high for the solution. It's quite expensive.

We are currently looking to revisit Barracuda among other solutions. We're evaluating them right now.

What other advice do I have?

I'm familiar with the F5 1600. We have one for the application delivery controller and the other one as a net traffic manager.

We are on the F5 network with other communication parties.

I'd recommend he solution for those organizations that have the budget for it.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher, but the company was not able to support us when we initially had problems with the solution.

More F5 VIPRION reviews from users