Faronics Deep Freeze Review

Allows us to revert to an optimal system state. I would like to see a faster Google Drive Sync.

What is most valuable?

• Deep Freeze: Ensures that I can maintain a baseline of an optimal system state where performance and system security are guaranteed. No matter how long a computer is in use, it will always revert to that same condition.
  • Data Igloo: Has been an important feature for me because on a frozen computer, the user's files and folders would have been redirected to the ThawSpace, thereby avoiding data loss upon a system restart. Users no longer have to worry when saving their files naturally to the Documents, Pictures, Music, Video, or Downloads folders or when manually saving their files to other locations. Data Igloo has been configured to handle all that.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been helpful in protecting the Windows-based systems from unwanted changes as a result of malicious elements from the web and from within.

What needs improvement?

My Cloud Drive: Google Drive Sync takes a very long time during system startup, especially when the policy enforcing My Cloud Drive after logon is enforced before access to the desktop. This causes long delays to the user, especially if the Google Drive is large.

I have been using the solution for three years.

There were infinite reboot loops on some computers, especially during maintenance updates. Null drivers had to be applied to disable Deep Freeze before gaining access to the system.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

The technical support is excellent. They are persistent and thorough with their investigations and are extremely polite and patient.

They employ a bottom-up approach in solving problems. We walk through the troubleshooting together. For complex issues, they keep me regularly updated on progress and tentative resolution schedules.

I am not aware of any previous solutions.

I began with the Deep Freeze enterprise on premise solution before migrating to the cloud. The migration to the cloud was fairly easy, although I had help from their technical support.

The pricing for the premium package is a little bit high considering they charge extra for the anti-virus add-on. Personally, I feel it should be all inclusive.

The product was already in use at the company when I started. It was actually my first time working with such a solution.

What other advice do I have?

It is good. One feature I really enjoyed with Deep Freeze is the Software Updater. It contains a variety of applications that suit your business and makes deployment and managing updates relatively easy. I'd recommend this to anyone.