FICO Blaze Advisor Review

Easy to set up, the IDE works well, and the community is helpful

What is our primary use case?

I am a business analyst and I use this product to assist in decision making. We work primarily in the banking sector.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the IDE.

What needs improvement?

More online support such as a knowledge base should be available. When you compare it to Java and other applications, there is a great deal of support available for those. With FICO, however, there is no particular support that we can easily search with respect to our queries.

I have been working with Blaze Advisor for nearly four years.

This is a stable product.

Blaze Advisor is scalable.

The FICO community is helpful.

Prior to working with Blaze Advisor, we were manually writing the decision management rules in Java.

The initial setup is easy and we haven't had any issues with it. Once we install it, we can begin working on it. It takes about an hour to deploy.

We recently evaluated PegaRULES to see what capabilities it may have that are not available in FICO. For the most part, we did not find any difference. Since completing the comparison, we have decided to stay with Blaze Advisor.

What other advice do I have?

More FICO Blaze Advisor reviews from users
...who compared it with PegaRULES
Find out what your peers are saying about FICO Blaze Advisor vs. IBM Operational Decision Manager and other solutions. Updated: May 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.