Fidelis Elevate Review

A scalable yet complex solution with some detection issues

What is most valuable?

We like this solution for some reasons and we don't like it for other reasons. We don't like it because it's new and it has a lot of issues detection-wise; however, they are growing and they are fixing this issue.

What needs improvement?

The detection is determined by the analyst. The analyst has to do the detection. It's not similar to FireEye Mandiant, which has pre-set detection. Still, Fidelis Elevate is improving. As of now, they are creating a lot of detection rules and tools for detecting malicious activity.

Configuration, in terms of building the collector and communicating with endpoints, is complex. There is a lot of backend software that needs to be installed on all of the hardware as well.

We have been using this solution for one year.

I think it's quite stable — we haven't experienced that many issues. Recently, we had some issues, but they fixed them immediately. Still, I'd say it's quite stable, overall.

Compared to similar solutions, it's quite scalable. You just need to add more storage to scale-up.

The technical support is very helpful.

The initial setup is complex — the backend is complex. You have to build multiple layers. For example, they have something called a "bridge" and something called a "collector". You have to connect all of these together in order to set up the solution properly. Overall, deployment took a couple of weeks.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, as someone who has three years of experience with this solution, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Fidelis Elevate a rating of seven. I would not recommend this solution to others. Although we're currently using it, we're looking to replace it with another solution.

Find out what your peers are saying about Fidelis Cybersecurity, Palo Alto Networks, Trend Micro and others in Extended Detection and Response (XDR). Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.