Firebird SQL Review

Overall a good product that helps us in detecting all kinds of problems in the code

What is our primary use case?

We are an integrator, and we work with customers to implement this solution to perform some audits. We use Firebird SQL with SonarQube for continuous integration.

We are using Firebird SQL for our quality of code application to scan the code, create reports, and detect any best practices for code development for things like duration.

What is most valuable?

It helps us in detecting all kinds of problems in the code, such as bad quality, unclear code, or any violation in the code or best practices.

What needs improvement?

It would be good to have more automation and integration with the tools from other vendors.

I started to use Firebird SQL two or three years ago in my previous organization, which specialized in software development. We are also implementing this solution in my current organization, which is into performance applications.

It is stable.

It is scalable. Currently, around 10% or 15% of users are using Firebird SQL.

They need to be more reactive and fast. Sometimes, they take too long to resolve some tickets.

The initial setup is straightforward and quick. There are no problems with its installation.
It took us two to three weeks to install it for a customer.

Our team deployed it. We have two to three teams for integration and installation. These teams include system administrators and software developers.

It is okay.

What other advice do I have?

We are satisfied with Firebird SQL, and we will keep on using it.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. It is overall a good product.

More Firebird SQL reviews from users
...who compared it with MySQL
Find out what your peers are saying about Firebird, PostgreSQL, Oracle and others in Open Source Databases. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.