Firebird SQL Review

Perfect for small companies and is easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of the solution is as database for our EP systems.

What is most valuable?

I find the ease of deployment to be the most valuable aspect of this solution.

What needs improvement?

I think the performance and features of the program can be improved. The scalability of the performance when using more than one process is not so good. I would also like more or better security.

I have been using Firebird SQL for more than ten years.

We've had no issues so far, so the solution is stable.

I don't think the solution is very scalable because the scalability of the performance when using more than one process is not very good.

We deploy Firebird SQL for some of our customers too, so we have a lot of customers, and then we have five people for deployment at the moment. We don't have plans to increase our usage.

We have our own technical team, so we don't have to call customer service.

We currently use Firebird as well as Microsoft SQL Server. The performance and scalability of Microsoft are much better, but it's a more expensive solution of course because it's a commercial license.

It was really easy and straightforward to set up the solution and deployment took about five minutes. Our own technical team was responsible for this.

It is more affordable than Microsoft and there are no additional costs. It is a public domain system as every customer can install it on their system without paying any license fee.

What other advice do I have?

Firebird can be used in simple situations and in more at-home situations, but there are better solutions out there for bigger customers. That is my main advice to others. What's more, Firebird SQL is a bit cheaper than Microsoft. For what we are using it, I would rate it an eight out of ten.

More Firebird SQL reviews from users