Firebird SQL Review

Free to use but they need to add features such as functionality with redundancy

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the Stonewall organization for the Department of Instruction.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very useful for stock management.

The solution has worked perfectly; I've never run into issues or had to reach out to technical support for troubleshooting.

What needs improvement?

I've never had any issues with the solution, so I can't think of any improvements it would need.

It would be interesting if they added functionality with redundancy, reputation, and variability.

I installed the solution three to five years ago.

The solution is a good, stable product. The database is quite simple and I've had no problems with it.

I'm not sure if I can speak to the scalability of the solution, as I haven't tried to scale it. We don't plan to increase usage as we only use it for one project.

I've never had issues with the solution, so I haven't been in touch with technical support.

The solution isn't too difficult to install. We have two environments for tests and production. The solution has a medium level of difficulty because there's only one utilization with Firebird, so it's not too difficult for us.

Deployment takes one day at the most.

I handled the implementation myself.

The solution is freeware, so it doesn't cost anything to use it.

I didn't evaluate other options. I found a recommendation for this solution online and decided to implement it.

What other advice do I have?

I use this solution specifically for one database.

It's a good product for little databases.

We only use this solution for one project. Mostly, we're focused on MariaDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.

I'd rate the solution five or six out of ten for the possibilities it has currently. I'd rate it at a nine or a ten if they added more features like availability.

More Firebird SQL reviews from users
...who compared it with MySQL
Find out what your peers are saying about Firebird, PostgreSQL, Oracle and others in Open Source Databases. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.