FireEye Email Security Review

The auto-remediation feature is valuable, but spam detection could be better

What is our primary use case?

I use FireEye Email Security to block spam and advanced threats.

How has it helped my organization?

FireEye ETP has blocked several campaigns that lead to the post compromise deployment of ransomware, Obfuscated Outlook Phishing impersonation, Attachment based Phishing

What is most valuable?

The auto-remediation feature is valuable.

What needs improvement?

The spam detection feature could be better. As users, we don't have any control. It detects and blocks spam based on spam engine conditions. But many emails that shouldn't be blocked are getting blocked this way, and we have to raise a ticket for the False Negative cases and it takes time to get resolved.

Every time we raise ticket, support requests received original email sample all the time to resolve the cases which is not possible to provide all the time.

I have been using FireEye Email Security for nearly three years.

FireEye Email Security is a stable solution.

We are using FireEye Email Security as a SaaS solution, so we haven't had any issues with scalability.

Technical support is okay. Some issues are resolved quickly. Other issues take more time.

It's easy to set up FireEye Email Security and usually takes us about three to four hours to test and deploy.

We first evaluated Symantec Email Security and then tried FireEye Email Security. During the evaluation of Symantec, we had some issues with the implementation. Spam detection also had some difficulty. FireEye had sufficient support during the implementation, so we went with them.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give FireEye Email Security a seven.

Private Cloud

2020.7.1
Find out what your peers are saying about FireEye, Cisco, Forcepoint and others in Email Security. Updated: February 2021.
465,623 professionals have used our research since 2012.