FireEye Endpoint Security Review

The most valuable feature is the capacity to collect all the information for forensic analysis purposes.

What is our primary use case?

The two primary use cases are towards the process monitor and malware detection for APT (Advanced Persistent Threat).

How has it helped my organization?

FireEye Endpoint Security has improved our customers' organizations. Before a customer was with us, they may have worked with Windows Defender. This is for suspicious activity. Then they implement the next solution that is for network monitoring. With that, they deploy the EGX for info security. Now, with these components, they have a lot of visibility on their network and endpoint activity.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature that my customers have found with solution is the capacity to collect all the information for forensic analysis purposes.

What needs improvement?

In my personal and professional view, I think the reports need more development. They need more details on the reports and more details taking the executive view into consideration.

These reports contain the information that is gathered at the intake solutions. They are more geared for the technician and I think they need more executive information because it is important to talk to the main executives, and for them to see what is happening related to some of those suspicious activities.

I have been using FireEye Endpoint Security for something like 4 years.

In terms of stability, we have had some issue related to the deployment and hardware requirements, because most customers need to revalidate all those requirements. For example, if your deployment was on a hyper B environment, we don't know their server. They decrease in the performance of the appliance because in some cases, the requirements are not specifically stated, including the CP or reserve for those components. For example, I may define that the memory requirement is 16 gigabytes with a specific machine build.

FireEye Endpoint Security's scalability is awesome. I think it is one of the best on that front. This is because many of its steps are related to the optimization of whole the process, it's ratings and solutions with mail, social network, input solutions, and next generation CMM like Kellogg's. All these are on the single platform called FS. I sold a lot. You can see its integration with print solutions. That's very amazing.

We have companies with a lot of endpoints. We think we have something like 4000 agents and 2 main appliances.

Technical support is really great. The support is generally very fast, responding within one day.

The main deployment is very simple because it's related to the deployment of an OVA file. The physical deployment is no problem.

But the deployment needs some special knowledge about the quick console.

Deployment tales about one week or less.

If you compare your solution without the antivirus solution, and the price of the agent, it is a little bit expensive. But when you learn more about the value of forensic analysis, you will pay those costs. The price is expensive compared with other solutions, with the competitors. But it is really fast and really flexible and the user can research the information.

I think they checked out Kaspersky as well.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend to check how they might pull reports. For example, where the customer modes fall because it's an independent investigation related to an IP.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give FireEye Endpoint Security a ten, because it's the only good option.

More FireEye Endpoint Security reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about FireEye Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
474,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.