FireEye Network Security Review

Stable, protective, easy to set up, and has a lot of features to scan vulnerabilities

What is our primary use case?

We are using it from the perspective of data protection. We have two types of data that is coming. One is the actual data or the customer data that comes into our premises, and the second is the internet traffic that comes into our organization. FireEye devices scan all the traffic that comes through the tools on which we have configured FireEye, and they also analyze a lot of traffic.

What is most valuable?

It is stable and quite protective. It has a lot of features to scan a lot of malicious things and vulnerabilities.

What needs improvement?

I heard that FireEye recently was hacked, and a lot of things were revealed. We would like FireEye to be more secure as an organization. FireEye has to be more protective because it is one of the most critical devices that we are using in our environment.

They have a concept called SSL decryption, but that is only the packet address. We would like FireEye to also do a lot of decryption inside the packet. Currently, FireEye only does encryption and decryption of the header, but we would like them to do encryption and decryption of the entire packet.

We have been using FireEye for a couple of years.

It is stable.

They are very good. They follow the SLA and have two types of support. Premium support is available 24/7, and it is more customized.

We were using an IBM product.

Its installation is quite easy. It is a straightforward installation unless you are using multiple technologies in your environment. If you are using Radware and other stuff, your FireEye needs to understand all the technologies. It needs to understand the data coming in from the switch and the data sent from the hardware devices and the load balancer. It tends to take a little time to understand the data traffic, but it is easy to implement. It takes about an hour.

We had a consultant. Configuring the device takes about an hour, but we also have the backend configuration related to our environment, which takes a bit more time.

We work across the globe. From the data center perspective, we have about 13 locations across the globe where we have implemented this solution. Two to three people are enough for its implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. We plan to keep using this solution. We have just migrated to the latest FireEye devices.

I would rate FireEye Network Security an eight out of ten.

More FireEye Network Security reviews from users
...who compared it with Check Point SandBlast Network
Find out what your peers are saying about FireEye, Palo Alto Networks, Broadcom and others in Advanced Threat Protection. Updated: May 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.