FireEye Network Security Review

I like how it detects zero day attacks, APT’s, and other types of malware.

What is most valuable?

I like the ability to detect zero day attacks, APT’s, and other types of malware which almost every other security device in the world is unable to detect.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the projects where we were deploying was a POC. When it was tested, it detected one of the world’s most dangerous APTs, like KABA, that was specially designed to target the telecommunication industry. This was one of the many thousands of findings that we were proud of.

What needs improvement?

Almost every feature of the product is on a high level.

I have worked on these products from FireEye for three different projects, and I found them wonderful.

9/10.

10/10.

Our clients have used almost all of the best solutions available but most of them were unable to detect about 90% of the threats that FireEye NX can detect.

The initial setup was quite straightforward and easy.

We had implemented it in-house and in fact, I deployed the NX 2400 and NX 7400 devices myself.

Both for our clients and for ourselves, ROI was almost 200% more than we expected. We were satisfied.

The initial setup and day-to-day cost is almost the same as other security devices available. However, others fail about 90% of the time to detect threats, APT’s & most importantly zero day attacks, while FireEye can detect them.

Of course, we had to check all other products available in the market, research their features, and then we had to compare these products based on benefits to our clients, and the expected ROI.

What other advice do I have?

It's one of the best products around based on its features like detection of almost all types of malware, APT’s, virus and zero day attacks, reporting, and its integration with other FireEye products like CMS, IPS etc.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: The company I previously worked for iwas the only partner of FireEye for almost one and half years in our country
More FireEye Network Security reviews from users