FireEye Network Security Review

Protects the users' browser by finding zero-day threats and malware

What is our primary use case?

We implemented this solution for our customers. The primary use case is for Advanced Persistent Threat detection at a network level.

How has it helped my organization?

Its ability to find zero-day threats, malware and anything malicious has greatly improved my customer's organization, especially for protecting the users' browser.

What needs improvement?

The problem with FireEye is that they don't allow VM or sandbox customization. The user doesn't have control of the VMs that are inside the box. It comes from the vendor as-is. Some users like to have control of it, like what type of Windows and what type of applications they use, and they have zero control over this. I would like to see more customization of the VMs.

Still implementing.

Their stability is good.

In terms of scalability, we haven't deployed them on a larger scale. We have only deployed on two appliances. It requires two or three people to administer the device. Usually, those are cybersecurity engineers or network admins.

Their technical support is very good and responsive.

FireEye is easy to use and the setup is easy. The deployment could be finished in two hours. Three to four staff are required for the deployment.

The pricing is a little high.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a 7.5 out of ten.