FireEye Network Security Review

Its core functionality is really good, but it could use a little work in the reporting

What is our primary use case?

We use FireEye NX to monitor our networking traffic and FireEye EX to monitor our email traffic. So, it's mostly for blocking malicious traffic.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to be more hands off in checking on emails and networking traffic. We can set up a bunch of different alerts and have it alert us. It gives us a better view of our network and our email environment.

What is most valuable?

The core functionality: It blocks what we need it to block.

What needs improvement?

I would love to see better reporting. Because you can't export some of the reports in proper formats, it is hard to extract the data from reports.

It could use more user-friendly navigation around the tool.

The stability is very good. I have never had issues with uptime.

As far as I know, scalability is good. However, we haven't had the need to scale it up at all.

We receive our technical support through a third-party. Directly with FireEye, I'm not sure about technical support.

It probably reduces our response time by a day or two. It also increase staff productivity.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good bare bones solution for what they are looking for. However, if they wanted a more a robust solution, then they would probably have to look somewhere else or get additional FireEye products.

It was probably one of the earlier things that we did within the maturity of our security environment. So, it was sort of a starting point. We are still working to get some other things implemented.