FireEye Network Security Review

Saves time, money, and trouble through its ease of use but there needs to be better support

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use of the solution is monitoring network security and intrusion detection.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has helped improve our organization by being easy to use and integrate. This saves time, trouble and money.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the ability to detect intrusions and the user-friendly dashboard. The integration with our CM worked well. It gives visibility into what's going on at the user level.

What needs improvement?

There are three things that can be improved:

• Protection testing. When it comes to the protections, it requires a lot of testing to implement.
  • Local support. They need to beef up the capabilities of local support.
  • Pricing. The price is a bit high though it is an adequate product.

As far as future inclusions, it would be useful to display more threat intelligence, such as the actual area of the threat and the origin of the web crawling (Tor and Dark Web).

We have been using FireEye Network Security for more than six months.

FireEye is a very reliable, stable solution. In terms of integrity and interconnectivity, we have no issues with that.

It's a very scalable solution. When we deploy it to the end client we use LANDesk to help us. We have no problems with the deployments. So in terms of the scalability, integrity, and interconnectivity, it works well.

Customer service and technical support could use some enhancement. On a scale from 1 to 10, it is between six and seven. It is serviceable but there is much room for improvement.

FireEye is comparable to other products, such as HX, but seems expensive. It may cause us to look at other products in the market.

What other advice do I have?

Having a product deployed that fills our needs keeps us from having to consider major changes in looking to other products on the market to resolve other issues.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.